FOLLOW THESE BEFORE YOUR THERMOGRAPHY SCAN
THE DAY BEFORE YOUR EXAM:
Avoid physical stimulation of the breasts and back such as breast massage, acupuncture, physical therapy or chiropractic treatments for 24 hours before the exam.
THE DAY OF YOUR EXAM:
- Avoid exercise for 4 hours prior to the exam.
- Do not smoke for 2 hours before the exam.
- Do not take a hot shower within 1 hour prior to exam.
- Do not nurse sooner than 1 hour before the examination.
- Do not use lotions, powder, or anything else on the breasts.
- Do not use deodorant or antiperspirant.
- Do not shave the armpits.
- Do not wear a bra 4 hours prior to your exam.
- Remove all piercings and jewelry prior to exam.
- Do not come in if you have a sun burn or skin burn.
Please bring with you:
- A list of medications you are taking.
- Any prior examination reports that describe a breast finding you are concerned about.
- A hair band or clips to remove hair from your forehead and back of neck.
If you are getting a full body exam- please wear thong underwear or a jock strap